Monday, August 8, 2016

first comes love, then comes marriage...

Hi blog, long time no see!
We're having a baby! In 2 weeks actually. Hahaha!
I cannot believe I have let it go this long without documenting this exciting time. This will be a long one, but worth it I promise!

So here's the story.
Late on Christmas Eve, after we were home from visiting so much family, I took a pregnancy test, just to check. I'm a little neurotic like that. I knew that if it had happened, it would likely be a little early to tell, but I had to know. How cool would it be to surprise my Dallin with the news on Christmas??
So I take a test. And there's a line. And it's not even faint.
I can't even believe that it's real, and what special timing! This was definitely the longest night of my life. We're just enjoying our Christmas Eve, and I'm sitting there trying not to burst out the news! I had gotten a onesie long before then, to give to Dallin when it was time. It was so hard not to blow my secret, but I wanted to take one more test in the morning to be sure.
Christmas morning, I race to the bathroom to take another test. And it's still real! I'm pregnant!
I quickly wrap the tests and the onesie and slip it under the tree before Dallin comes downstairs.
I knew I would want this recorded forever, and I'm so glad I did. I couldn't stand waiting anymore, so I told him that it would be his favorite present and he could open it first or last. He can't resist surprises, so I knew it would make him hurry :)
This video is so special to me. It still makes me cry!






Right after our first Dr appointment, back when I thought I would be doing weekly bumpdates. 
Ya right! 7 weeks

So THEN we had to go all of Christmas Day seeing all of our family and try not to shout our big news. It was so hard!
We waited until we had been to the doctor the first time, and heard that sweet, sweet heartbeat and gotten an ultrasound to start telling our family.
We were getting together to celebrate Dallin and Josh's January birthdays, and so both sides of parents and siblings would be there. I wrapped framed ultrasounds and we had our moms open them. This video is cut down quite a bit, there was a lot of hugging at the end and the blog can't handle it :)


A couple weeks later, we were getting together for Sunday dinner and found this to be the perfect time to share with my grandparents, soon to be greats! These videos are so sweet I'm so glad I remembered to record each one. After them, we told the rest of the family that wasn't there, and our best friends. Such an exciting time!




We decided to take the blood test to find out the gender at week 10 instead of about halfway through. It analyzes the baby's DNA, so it can tell gender and it shows the baby's chances on getting certain diseases. We weren't concerned with anything because we knew we would love the baby and handle anything, but I did want to be able to be prepared in case anything was likely to come up, especially after learning that I'm a CF carrier.
It only took a week to get the results back, but I knew what the answer would be. I knew she was a girl all along, I'd been having dreams about her!
We put together a reveal party on Valentine's Day and invited our friends and family to come find out. They walked into our house full of pink. It was SO fun. And it turns out that almost everyone else thought she was a girl too :)














Lots of other great things have happened to us along the way, and I will share them, but not in this post!
This time in our life has been so special and exciting. I have had a very blessed pregnancy, and our people have been so good to us. I can't wait to meet our girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment