Sunday, August 19, 2012

the fighter

give em hell
turn their heads
gonna live life til we're dead
give me scars, give me pain
then they'll say to me
there goes the fighter
here comes the fighter
thats what they'll say to me,
this one's a fighter.

i love love love this song! sometimes when i feel discouraged or too exhausted or like i just can't do it, i think of this song. it usually makes me tear up, but it also puts my chin up. i CAN do this. anything. i can do anything! i'll give em hell, i'll turn their heads.

when i'm feeling down, i don't have time to for very long! so i have to find things to cheer me up. people laugh and wonder why i'm doing something dumb. but it cheers me up and then i'm in a better mood. and when i'm in a good mood, i can get things done. i can powerhouse at school. i can get things done at work. and i don't just mope around about dallin being gone, i can actually appreciate the blessings and his hard work. so i jump around a few times. i try to make myself laugh. i go get a mag. i get balloons to brighten up my desk at work. i listen to phil collins, or more recently, justin bieber's christmas album. which i adore any time of year. that brightens me right up haha!
mostly i've learned that being sad or down is a bummer, being happy and laughing and smiling is not. i do not have time or patience for being bummed.
like sweet marjorie pay hinckley said, i would rather laugh than cry. crying gives me a headache.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment